Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My 1st Wedding Cake



Well, I finally broke down and did it. I made my first ever wedding cake. It was sort of a last minute thing - I go to the bank every day for work and one of the teller's I talk with mentioned he was getting married in a few months and needed a cake. Well one thing led to another, I got in touch with his fiance (now wife!) and I ended up doing their cake! At first I was rather stressed (mainly about trying to cover the big bottom layer in fondant without it cracking) but I was really pleased with how it turned out!

And the best part about the whole experience was that the bride and groom loved the cake - how it looked and how it tasted! They've even referred me to some of their friends who are engaged!

So all in all, my 1st wedding cake was a success and I'm so glad I did it!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow - that looks awesome! Great job!

Alice said...

Oh my goodness, the cake is adorable! And so original! Congratulations!

Lois B said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful cake!

Kelly said...

Good gracious, that is GORGEOUS! If someone showed me that pic and said that was someone's first wedding cake, I'd have gone all Elaine Benes on them and told them to Get OUT! Beautifully done!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online