Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Birthday Cake




Sometimes nothing says "Happy Birthday" better then a simply decorated, delicious birthday cake. With nice, smooth butter cream, a simple rope boarder and sweet little sugar flowers, the first thing your eye gravitates to is a message. A simple and meaningful "Happy Birthday."

This cake was made for my wonderful grandfather's 96th birthday. He is so sweet - always a positive spirit and get this: he still drives...well! With a full head of hair and a memory that is sharp as a tack, Grandpa was truly appreciative of this cake. He didn't believe me when I said I made it - he insisted that I bought it at a bakery!

Also - I decided to post this cake because at this time last year I made grandpa's 95th birthday cake. After I made that cake, I decided to take the Wilton classes. So I urge you to look back at this post and take a look at that cake. 1 year, 16 Wilton classes and countless cakes later I am very pleased with my improvement and again can't say enough about how great the Wilton classes are.

1 comment:

Spice said...

Stumbled upon your space while looking for how imp. is wilton course 4....just completed course 3....b'day cake looks really elegant....belated b'day wishes to your grandpa...decided I'm taking course 4....hoping ther are enough no. of students....thanks for sharing your experience...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online