Monday, June 29, 2009

Wilton Course 3, Class 4 (Final Cake)






Well this was by far my favorite class (don't I say that after every Wilton class?!) I had such a ball doing a 2 tiered cake and really having the reins to create exactly what I wanted. I had an idea in my head about what I wanted to do for class for a week or so, but didn't know how everything would come together until I got to class. This class gave me a ton of confidence, and I'm really glad I've been through the 1st 3 courses. Not everything came out perfect (my fondant got wrinkled in some places and my string work wasn't the best), but overall I'm very pleased with it.

Next week I start the Fondant and Gum Paste course (our teacher calls it Course 4 but she says she's not supposed to call it that!) and I'm really excited for that one as well!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so great!

Anonymous said...

Very good job! It looks great!

Ellie said...

WOW, that is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I'm taking course 3 this month. I took Fondant & Gumpaste and loved that class too! Enjoy!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Beautiful cake!! Great job and kudos on your final cake!

Lois B said...

Congrats on your final cake; it's beautiful!

Colleen said...

This looks gorgeous - nice work!

Kerstin said...

It's amazing, I'm completely impressed! Can't wait to see what you do at your next class!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! My teacher never let us have any creative freedom when I took the Wilton courses, so I am very jealous!

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

That is absolutely gorgeous. So elegant and your sugar flowers are amazing!

citygirlcooks said...

Wow, impressive!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online