Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"Adult" Hazelnut Hot Chocolate with Homemade Whipped Cream


If you have never made homemade hot chocolate before, I beg you to try this recipe! It was so so so good and way better then the Hot Chocolate mix in the little paper packets with the teeny tiny marshmallows. My husband and I drank this twice this weekend and will continue to do so for a while I'm guessing!!! Just writing about it makes me want to whip up another batch right now it was that good.

Why is it "Adult" you ask? Well because this little bottle right here...isn't it cute?

I just did on online search for "homemade hot chocolate" and found this recipe on www.about.com. It made just enough for my husband and I to enjoy a big mug full! I did do a few changes, so here is the recipe how I made it.

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 1/4 cup half and half (I used fat free)
  • 9 tsp sugar
  • 1 1/2 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
  • 1 tbs brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 3-4 (or more!) tsp. Frangelico

Preparation:

Heat everything in a saucepan, except the vanilla, until chocolates melts and sugar dissolves. Pour mixture into a blender and mix until foamy. Return to the saucepan, and add vanilla and Frangelico. Stir briefly then serve.



Homemade Whipped Cream
For my Bridal Shower last year, I received a "Magic Bullet" blender and I love it! It's so cute and perfect for little projects when I don't want to haul out my actual blender. It's also perfect for making whipped cream!!

Add as much heavy cream as you want...I did about 1/2-3/4 of a cup for the two of us. Then add a little sugar..I did about 2-3 tablespoons full.


Screw on whipping blade to the magic bullet "cup" and start blending!

After about a minute or two you will hear the sound of the motor change and that's when you know your cream is now whipped and delicious! After making homemade whipped cream, I promise you will never go to the stuff in the can again!

2 comments:

ErinsFoodFiles said...

Oh hell yes. Chocolate, alcohol, magic bullet blender. All good things in my book!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm.... I"m a BIIIIIIIG fan of this one!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online